What Is Google PageRank

Thread: What Is Google PageRank

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

What Is Google PageRank

PageRank is what Google uses to decide the importance of a web page. PageRank is measured on a scale of one to ten and assigned to individual pages within a website, not the entire website. This is only one factor out of 200+ factors that Google uses to determine the importance of a web page.

A short history of Page Rank

PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. The algorithm may be applied to any collection of entities with reciprocal quotations and references. The numerical weight that it assigns to any given element E is referred to as the PageRank of E and denoted by PR(E).

Source: wikipedia.org

If you read some blogs or forum post on marketing forums you may see people talk posting on high PR website. Many of these people are fooled into thinking that PR means better rankings. The fact is pagerank has very little to do with rankings.

Another fact is if you post on what some call a high PR website, your post will actually be on a PR N/A or PR 0 page. For example if I create a post on livejournal (The index is a PR 8) the page that my post sits on is a PR 0. Source: Search Engine Rankings

Bottom line is Pagerank has very little to do with ranking your website. Google knows how many have abused their PR and thus they have adjusted it according for those that try to manipulate the search results. Do yourself and your business a favor and don't fall for the PR myth that many talk about. Instead just go out and market your website and ignore pagerank of websites.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Re: What Is Google PageRank

I personally do not care about pagerank, you and this forum have taught me better. I understand that I should go out and market my website and stop focusing on all these marketing myths. Google PR is the last thing on my list for marketing.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Find great gaming strategies from Best Game Faqs and view the dead or alive beach volleyball bikini gallery

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

I am amazed everyday by the amount of people that are misinformed about what page rank really means. With so many people on marketing forums talking about posting to high PR websites, it's a wonder any of these people actually rank in the search engines for anything.

I think high PR sites are very good to promote your website on search engines. If the website in indexed on search engines top pages it will be visited by most of the people. To maintain your website on top most pages will be done with the help of generating back links on high PR websites.

Last edited by Ord_Allenbea; 11-02-2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: no link spam allowed

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Interesting! Maybe you should read the post above. I would also suggest reading my blog post on High PR Websites Are The Biggest Joke In Marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by josh123 View Post
    I think high PR sites are very good to promote your website on search engines. If the website in indexed on search engines top pages it will be visited by most of the people. To maintain your website on top most pages will be done with the help of generating back links on high PR websites.

It seems some should pay more attention to information that is proven and given away for free rather than following some "spam my links" method that many wannabe marketers teach.

Secret Elite Dominator Richard_K's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Visit Richard_K's Youtube Channel

Kind of like the new catch phrase "Fiscal Cliff"--Its old news and boring and there isn't much you can do about it without getting into some kind of trouble. If one thing I have learned is that just post your content because what "if" Google closed it's doors tomorrow and Larry Page no longer cared it "rank" your little webpage. Just focusing on the content and now even more than ever less is more with how many people are using mobile devices. Light and simple will win this race.

Video production and editing along with hobby DIY videos are loaded up to the youtube channel LifeBloodMarketing. There are free creative commons video with for natrual sound, remixing, and sfx to use and download.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Exactly Richard. Far too many people worry about the wrong things and they never get the real benefits that they should be getting. I have tried to teach people to focus on the important things such as content and social validation. Many still jump for all those myths about page rank, duplicate content, no follow and do follow, and etc.

Oh well we can only teach those that are willing to learn.

Very informative post. I didn't know much about Google Page Rank but your post helps me a lot to gain good information. Thanks for sharing this.