Thread: Google Slaps SEO With Semantic Search System

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Exclamation Google Slaps SEO With Semantic Search System

According to a report from The Wall Street Journal on Thursday about Google search changes, Google "will begin spitting out more than a list of blue Web links". Which means Google may be planning on providing direct answers to search query questions. We have all already seen this being done with the "did you mean . . ." phrase on some search results, so this is really nothing new at all.

What is interesting about this report though is it states that Google's Amit Singhal and team are bringing semantic understanding to search queries. This could completely change the way search results are shown and how you actually rank in the search engines.

Google will not be replacing it's keyword search system but rather improving upon it so the search results will reflect upon the understanding of the actual meaning of words being searched for. This could seriously change the SEO game and actually stop many that do try to manipulate the search results.

Currently Google only has to match the keywords in a query to the keywords on the Web using a lexical database. Semantic search on the other hand would add far more intelligence to the actual search results. The actual word being searched for will not matter a great deal because Google would be able to determine the intent behind the word.

Because Google would be able to determine the probabilities of various meanings of the searched for words, the actual search results will be much less subject to manipulation. For those of us that have been using semantics in our content, we should not be effected as much as those that do not use semantics.

Marketers Domination has been teaching members to use semantics in their content. MD has provided the Language Analyzer Tool which is a word search database that is designed to be used for SEQ and PSAD. The tool allows you to find Hypernyms, Hyponyms, Synonyms, Meronyms, Holonyms, Coordinate Terms (sisters), Hierarchical Meronyms and more.

Marketers Domination has also announced the Auto Link Generator several weeks ago. The ALG Tool has a semantics search engine along with keyword research, authority link research and related image search functions.

So if you have been following the training that Marketers Domination has given then you are way ahead of the game. If not I highly suggest you join Marketers Domination right now and seriously consider buying the ALG Tool. You can find out more about ALG from the how to drive website traffic with articles thread.

While Google hasn't announced any specifics about the semantic search yet the company has been remarkably transparent about changes to Google search the last several months.

#searchresults #google #semanticsearch #seo

Read The Full WSJ Report

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Secret Elite Dominator dkotecki's Avatar

My Social Networking

Follow dkotecki On Twitter Add dkotecki on Facebook
    Add dkotecki on Linkedin Follow dkotecki on Tumblr Visit dkotecki's Youtube Channel

Re: Google Slaps SEO With Semantic Search System

This is very good information to have. The SEO training on Marketer's Domination makes a lot of sense to me. I know lots of people don't like it very much when these changes happen, but I think that's because they don't want to take the time and effort to produce good content.

Too many marketers are only interested in backlinks. I think that it's somewhat counter-productive because when I go to a page that doesn't have what I'm looking for, I just click right off anyway.

I think these changes are good not only for Google searchers, but for marketers also. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Dave
    The Mobile Warrior
    http://YourSystematicSolution

Secret Elite Dominator
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Richard_K on Facebook
    Visit Richard_K's Youtube Channel

One can always count on MD to keep on top of the game. Of course the tools here always seem to be ahead of the curve.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

If you notice in the screenshot above I marked the date as posted by Google which shows MD has been talking about this publicly since last year. The keyword seminar that some of you attended should remember this very thing was discussed in detail about using semantically related words and phrases in your content.

Google search is growing up and you have 2 options, stay ahead of the game or be left behind. I know which option I am going to choose

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

I am surprised by the lack of activity on this thread considering this change could smack many websites down the ranking pole. For those that have been writing their content with semantics it should not matter much. Those that have been just writing content with a keyword or 2 smacked in the content this change will have drastic results.

Secret Elite Dominator dkotecki's Avatar

My Social Networking

Follow dkotecki On Twitter Add dkotecki on Facebook
    Add dkotecki on Linkedin Follow dkotecki on Tumblr Visit dkotecki's Youtube Channel

I'm sure this will cause a huge uproar in the marketing community, and people will still keep teaching the same ol' stuff.

It seems as if YouTube is tightening up also, which didn't surprise me, but seems to have surprised lots of other people.

Dave
    The Mobile Warrior
    http://YourSystematicSolution

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Yep many of them will still teach the same old crappy stuff. Someone will come up with some junky software to sell I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotecki View Post
    I'm sure this will cause a huge uproar in the marketing community, and people will still keep teaching the same ol' stuff.

It seems as if YouTube is tightening up also, which didn't surprise me, but seems to have surprised lots of other people.

Secret Elite Dominator

Google has also deindexed many sites that used the blog networks (like Build My Rank). Also Google are targeting sites that are overly optimized (not exactly sure what that means truthfully).

Found this interesting by Ed Dale: www. eddale. co/internetmarketing/winter-is-coming (copy and paste, remove spaces) Not really sure about Ed Dale, but I do like his Game Of Thrones references.

Last edited by MJ; 03-27-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Ed Dale seems to be behind the times and from the post just looks like he is trying to attract users so he can be an influence (as he suggest you should do in your niche). Social validation as he speaks of has already been a part of Google's algorithm, this has been going on for over a year. This is not something new and if he predicts it will be the "new indicator of choice" then he is way behind. Social validation was talked about in 2010 that it would become a factor in 2011 and that is exactly what happened.

Now that Google has cleared the many spam sites (ezine articles, ehow, articles base, and etc) they targeted the overly populated ads sites with the Google Page Layout Algorithm. Semantics have been discussed with many on this forum since last year although some of us marketers have been talking about it for several years. Semantics is part of quality content and that is what Google, which has been said for years.

Build my rank getting slapped is a good thing in my opinion because many should stop trying to game the system and just play by the rules. Google states on their very own blog what they want and they have been doing so for years. The information is not always in plain english because sometimes you just have to read between the lines, but the information is there.

Overly optimized means sites that are solely focused on SEO and search engines and they do things like keyword stuffing and add in every single SEO element that they can think of.