Thread: The Famous Duplicate Content Myth

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

The Famous Duplicate Content Myth

I am still amazed after all this time how the duplicate content myth is still running around. I guess I should not be surprised considering how many marketers lie about a duplicate content penalty just to sell junk software. The fact is duplicate content penalty does not exist nor has it ever existed. It is one of those hyped up marketing tactics to scare people into buying some junk internet marketing product or service.

It is very possible for you to rank your same exact content on the same page results in search engines. This has been proven over and over again. While most duplicate content will be put into a sup index, it is still indexed and can still rank.

There is duplicate content everywhere and if this myth was true then a million different websites would never rank. This includes blogs, press release sites, article directories, and this list can go on and on. Taking ones content and publishing it on other sites is syndication and not duplicate content. Article and content syndication has went on for years, even before the internet got popular with society.

Stop following those so called expert gurus that claim to know everything about marketing. Start using your own brain and start testing things for yourself. Why do people fail to read what Google says instead of passing along bad advice ?

Google On Duplicate Content

#dupliactecontent #internetmyths #marketinghype

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Re: The Famous Duplicate Content Myth

I just ran into this a couple of weeks ago when I contacted a site about doing a guest article and they actually said that if it was on my site then they would get a penalty for posting it on their site as well.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

That is the mind set of many due to these so called experts that push junk spinner software. Many never understand what "syndication" is really about because they get this duplicate content myth embeded in their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaCox
    I just ran into this a couple of weeks ago when I contacted a site about doing a guest article and they actually said that if it was on my site then they would get a penalty for posting it on their site as well.

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

I can't remember where I read it, it was either on this forum or another forum that doesn't exist anymore, but the people were as helpful and knowledgeable as the people on here are.
    But, what I read was, (and bear with me because I can only remember bits of it):
    that you are competing against yourself by running the same article through 2 specific things (the specific things are what I can't remember)
    It's not a duplicate content type thing, it's 2 different services??
    Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

I think what you are talking about is the deadly sins of rss feeds which is located in the secret forum. Syndicating your articles will never harm you but you should be careful where you are syndicating them to. For example submitting to content farms (as Matt Cutts says) such as ezine articles could do more damage than good when it comes to your rankings.

Google does a very good job of explaining what duplicate content really is.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaCox
    I can't remember where I read it, it was either on this forum or another forum that doesn't exist anymore, but the people were as helpful and knowledgeable as the people on here are.
    But, what I read was, (and bear with me because I can only remember bits of it):
    that you are competing against yourself by running the same article through 2 specific things (the specific things are what I can't remember)
    It's not a duplicate content type thing, it's 2 different services??
    Any thoughts?

Wonder Woman Meets Lara Croft! Rach72's Avatar

My Social Networking

Follow Rach72 On Twitter Add Rach72 on Facebook
    Add Rach72 on Linkedin

But you don't want to be putting the same content up on the same service though do you Ord?

For example you do not want the same article put through the MD article directory service under different author names, just as you would not expect to see the same article over and over again on one person's site.

My understanding is that these scenarios are what Google is talking about with the 'duplicate content' thing, NOT the duplication of your content on different sites - (ie syndication)

Rach

For PLR Articles that'll knock your socks off and Freelance Writing that'll Rock your World!

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Yes Google does not want you to try and do anything that will manipulate the search engine. You do not want to post the same article over and over on the same site. This is why I try to explain to members if they are going to spin articles then they should be 80%+ in uniqueness.

Google can tell when content is "similar" and this is one reason for the panda update. As you know many would go to places such as ezine articles and post 20 articles about banner creation, the problem is all 20 articles would sound very similar. This is why they was marked as a content farm (not to mention their layout with all the links and ads was a serious bad idea).

Quote Originally Posted by Rach72
    But you don't want to be putting the same content up on the same service though do you Ord?

For example you do not want the same article put through the MD article directory service under different author names, just as you would not expect to see the same article over and over again on one person's site.

My understanding is that these scenarios are what Google is talking about with the 'duplicate content' thing, NOT the duplication of your content on different sites - (ie syndication)

Rach

Quote Originally Posted by Ord_Allenbea View Post
    Yes Google does not want you to try and do anything that will manipulate the search engine. You do not want to post the same article over and over on the same site. This is why I try to explain to members if they are going to spin articles then they should be 80%+ in uniqueness.

Google can tell when content is "similar" and this is one reason for the panda update. As you know many would go to places such as ezine articles and post 20 articles about banner creation, the problem is all 20 articles would sound very similar. This is why they was marked as a content farm (not to mention their layout with all the links and ads was a serious bad idea).

ezine article is not accepting duplicate articles. if iam working on transportation services then it is impossible to change the whole content because there some things will common like packing,moving,transport etc. its correct not to post same article over and over again in same website but you can not do you definately got the duplicate title error.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

You should not waste your time with ezine articles to begin with, it is a useless website that is filled with far too many links and ads. As far as changing your content, it can always be changed by using semantically related words.

Quote Originally Posted by etsuser View Post
    ezine article is not accepting duplicate articles. if iam working on transportation services then it is impossible to change the whole content because there some things will common like packing,moving,transport etc. its correct not to post same article over and over again in same website but you can not do you definately got the duplicate title error.