Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips On Using The Newest Social Network Pinterest

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Re: Tips On Using The Newest Social Network Pinterest

This is why Pinterest has created a meta tag for sites to use so they block others from pinning images.

HTML Code:
    <meta name="interest" content="nopin" />

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Here'san interesting tidbit I saw on facebook.

To find out who’s been pinning your site, go to: http://pinterest.com/source/yoursitename

For example, check out http://pinterest.com/source/marketersdomination.net/

You can check your site’s page to discover which posts and images are making it and respond accordingly.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Very interesting little tidbit there Steve

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Pinterest gets a make-over. They seem to have changed things around a bit on your profiles which always takes some getting used to when social networks change things. I think I like the new layout though as it looks more organized.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Pinterest changes it's terms which is probably due to the fact that many complained about the part where Pinterest reserved the right to sell your images. Here are the basic highlights of the term changes.

* Our original Terms stated that by posting content to Pinterest you grant Pinterest the right for to sell your content. Selling content was never our intention and we removed this from our updated Terms.

* We updated our Acceptable Use Policy and we will not allow pins that explicitly encourage self-harm or self-abuse.

* We released simpler tools for anyone to report alleged copyright or trademark infringements.

* Finally, we added language that will pave the way for new features such as a Pinterest API and Private Pinboards.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

The PinSpammers are coming out of the woodwork now. In the last 4 days I have got about 12 followers from Pinterest. The interesting part is these accounts you can tell are fake (I guess someone released another so called pinterest marketing ebook) by them having 350 boards with 351 pins and following 4,000 but only 10 following back.

Hopefully pinterest will smack these marketers back to facebook or twitter so they can spam those sites and leave pinterest alone.

Is it true that Pinterest can make some cash off of you if you are into affiliate marketing? That it scans every link posted on the site to determine if it directs to a retail site with an affiliate program? If it finds such link, it is said that the site secretly adds an affiliate code to get some commissions from sales generated from that link. Can anyone confirm this?

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Yes they use skimlinks which is no different then some lame article directories that people submit their quality content to. There is nothing illegal or unethical about this.

Quote Originally Posted by esprintguy View Post
    Is it true that Pinterest can make some cash off of you if you are into affiliate marketing? That it scans every link posted on the site to determine if it directs to a retail site with an affiliate program? If it finds such link, it is said that the site secretly adds an affiliate code to get some commissions from sales generated from that link. Can anyone confirm this?