Pinterest is one of the newest up and coming social networks, currently only a few months old it is considered in the top 10 of social media websites. I would say many of the social networks will soon follow suit with the different twist that Pinterest has. I have sent an invite or follow to those on my facebook account because Pinterest is by Invite Only.
The Pinterest social site serves as a comprehensive wish list of sorts. Pinners post Pins to Boards that they organize by topic or theme. For example, a user who is planning to remodel an office may Pin interior decorating ideas to a Board they named Office Design. Or an author could post inspirations to a Story Board.
Tips And Tricks For Pinterest Users
* Just as you would spread your brand across other social networks such as Twitter, decide what topics you are interested in, and then create boards based on that. Users will be more likely to follow rich, full Boards than sparsely populated Boards. Creating niche specific boards could help you greatly.
* Make sure you add the browser extension to your bookmarks bar. This will make things easier to pin on the fly. This way you are able to Pin It and add a description and choose the board you want the pin to show on.
* When you create your account you have many options to connect your other social networks, doing so will show your social media accounts below your picture on your profile. This is a good way for others that follow you to also follow you on places such as twitter and facebook.
* When you choose to Like a Pin, it will appear in a separate feed from your Boards. You may choose to keep a Like list for several reasons. Keep a folder of Likes for those random Pins you encounter that pique your interest but you have no desire to create an entire board for them. For example, you may not have boards dedicated to sewing or kittens but you may like them nonetheless.
You may also want to make your Like section an unofficial wish list that friends or family members can browse for gift ideas. * Mention users you follow by typing “@” in front of their user names much like you do with Twitter. Add the mention either to a pin or repin description or to a comment you make. The user will then receive a notification and possibly stop on in to repin something else of yours.
If you add a "$" or a "£" to the Pin description then Pinterest will automatically add a price banner to the corner of the photo you pinned. The Pin will also appear in the main gifts category. In the pin description remember to link to the website where people can purchase.
* In order to find Pinners with similar interests, seek out the users behind your favorite pins. Then look at the users that Pinner follows. As of writing this, Pinterest does not have a suggested users tool.
* Add new pins on a steady basis because fresh content is guaranteed to get more notice and more repins from others.
Become a member of Power Pins