Thread: What are Rss Feeds

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

What are Rss Feeds

Rss feeds are used on a very wide range of sites but some still do not understand what an Rss feed really is. In this post I will give a simple explanation of Rss Feeds. Think about all the information you access on the web on a daily basis; daily news, news headlines, search results, compare motel rates, and so forth.

To make it easy you can think of this information as list, such as a list of contacts you would have in a rolodex. This would be the simplest way to grasp what Rss feeds are. As a more advanced description these feeds are in an XML-based format that allows the syndication of the information contained in the Rss Feed. This information can be a list of links along with other text information, meta data, images and even videos.

You can find many of your social profiles, blogs, bookmarking sites, and other sites you have a profile with actually contains an rss feed of all the post you have made on those sites. There are many uses for Rss Feeds, some sites actually use them to syndicate news while other sites may use them to syndicate articles.

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Re: What are Rss Feeds

RSS feeds used to really confuse me, but now I used them quite a bit to grab content that I really want to see.

You can find many of your social profiles, blogs, bookmarking sites, and other sites you have a profile with actually contains an rss feed of all the post you have made on those sites.
    This is true for Pinterest as well. You can see any RSS feed by clicking the RSS logo under anyone's profile picture.

Here's the RSS feed for Ord's: http://pinterest.com/marketdominate/feed.rss

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Thanks for the reminder, I need to submit and ping that Rss Feed

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

So, maybe RSS feeds still do confuse me. haha

I did a quick search on this forum, and found several other posts on ways to submit rss feeds.

So I am hoping that someone can explain the basics of how it's done.

--Steve

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Basically you would submit them to rss directories such as http://www.rssmountain.com/ and ping them on ping sites such as http://pingates.com/ You want to be careful doing this though because you could do damage to yourself by submitting all your Rss Feeds. Many marketers will never tell you this (mainly because they do not know) so it's best to read this post in the secret forum - The Deadly Sin Of Rss Feeds

Those not a member of the secret forum, you can access it by going to - Marketing Strategy Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    So, maybe RSS feeds still do confuse me. haha

I did a quick search on this forum, and found several other posts on ways to submit rss feeds.

So I am hoping that someone can explain the basics of how it's done.

--Steve

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Rss Feeds can be very powerful and be very dangerous to your business. While I will not cover the deadly sins of rss feeds on this post, I will cover some very good uses for them.

Submitting your rss feeds from your blog can help get your blog's awareness out there along with some backlinks (please note that not all rss feed aggregators give backlinks). Submitting to sites such as http://www.rssmountain.com will help give your site that extra validation, some traffic, and backlinks. There are many of these sites, some useful and some not so useful.

It is best to visit the sites and see what they have to offer. You can Google "rss aggregators list" and find a list of websites you can post to. There is software to post to these sites but I would highly recommend going to these sites and manually submit since it will be done only once.

RSS Feeds is an excellent delivery vehicle for news content. It allows users to receive the most current information relevant to their research interests directly. It will keep you up-to-date with the latest business technology news and analysis.

Last edited by Joseph; 07-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.