Google Plus an Epic Fail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Plus an Epic Fail?

Google Plus an Epic Fail?

Is Google plus an epic fail?

I think so. I pretty much stopped using it long ago, and all my friends and family and even my real friends (people that breathe and can smack me upside the head if I say something stupid) don't go there anymore.

But today I click on my newsfeed and see tumbleweed blowing through the barren, blank page. Itís a vast and empty wasteland, full of people who signed up but never actually stuck around to figure out how things worked in this new part of town. One simple click takes me back to Facebook, and my wall is flooded with updates and pictures from 400+ friends. This just isnít a contest, and it never will be. Cite: A Eulogy for Google Plus on Forbes.com
    What say you? Bottom line, my 82 year old mom just figured out FB, no way she's gonna even try G+.

What say you?

--Steve

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

My Social Networking

Follow MissTerraK On Twitter Add MissTerraK on Facebook
    Visit MissTerraK's Youtube Channel

Re: Google Plus an Epic Fail?

For me personally, I say it is.

I signed up, made some circles and have never gone back.

I mean, who has the time? I'm not really all that good at spending time on Facebook either, though.

But I don't think Google Plus will be "the one" to overtake Facebook as the new social media platform.

Mz T

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

I think it is a waste of time as it is just something that will be abused by many marketers. I never signed up but was sent about 100 invites.

Secret Elite Dominator

I took one look at it and decided that it was not for me. The reason being was that I was invited quite a few times and as soon as i signed up i was just sent loads of product offers. That is not my idea of building a social network.

Regards

Kim

My Social Networking

Follow MissTerraK On Twitter Add MissTerraK on Facebook
    Visit MissTerraK's Youtube Channel

I know what you mean, Kim!

I keep getting so and so shared this with you and they all were articles or pages with one goal in mind. To sell you something! :

Mz T

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Exactly it is a marketers playground and nothing more. Google should have known this would happen as many marketers that try to spam the search results.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkitch
    I took one look at it and decided that it was not for me. The reason being was that I was invited quite a few times and as soon as i signed up i was just sent loads of product offers. That is not my idea of building a social network.

Regards

Kim

That is exactly why Google opened G+. It has no games, (last time I was there), and is perfect for marketers IF regular people signed up or they could talk their list into it. After the user count was 20 million, G dumped 6 million of them for spamming. (Most of those dumped also had any sites in that nics web master tools de-indexed as well). It was, and continues to be a trap. Some people actually do use it, many with auto posting tools that copy FB, blog, or Twitter posts into it and never actually go there thenselves... the funny part? No one is reading those posts either. Lol. It is like a Twitter where EVERY user has an auto posting tool and no one every reads any ones posts. LMAO!

Secret Elite Dominator

I've got about 3000+ friends/followers on Google+, and maybe it's just the "techies" who are there. There are celebrities posting, so it's all about creating your network. You can import friends from other sites and your contacts, and honestly my thread is so busy that I have to narrow it down to only looking at certain circles.

Frankly, I really think it's easier to deal with than Facebook, but that's just me.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Bill the voice of reason For some it may be useful while others will find no use for it. Some love LinkedIn while others are still trying to figure it out after 2 years.

It's life on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by bhartzer
    I've got about 3000+ friends/followers on Google+, and maybe it's just the "techies" who are there. There are celebrities posting, so it's all about creating your network. You can import friends from other sites and your contacts, and honestly my thread is so busy that I have to narrow it down to only looking at certain circles.

Frankly, I really think it's easier to deal with than Facebook, but that's just me.

Wonder Woman Meets Lara Croft! Rach72's Avatar

My Social Networking

Follow Rach72 On Twitter Add Rach72 on Facebook
    Add Rach72 on Linkedin

Sheesh - I am just using FB on a semi-regular basis, no way that I will be able to keep up with G+ on a personal/legitimate level. I can see how people will prefer it to FB, but my 'social circles' (read 30 something friends....teehee) are all on FB so I see no need to change for the sake of change itself.

For PLR Articles that'll knock your socks off and Freelance Writing that'll Rock your World!