Thread: Mini Article Websites

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Mini Article Websites

Here is an idea for those that want to get a little more exposure out of their articles. You can create what I call mini article websites. These mini websites basically feature an article that you have written for your business.

What you would do is create a sub-domain name (myname.mysite.com) and you would upload your mini article website in this sub-domain name. You can use a index.html page if you wish but if you want a more seo'd url you can create your page after the title of your article and then redirect your index to the more seo'd url.

For example here are 3 mini article websites that I created for Marketers Domination

Article Marketing Guide - Article written by Rach

Article Marketing Campaign - Article written by Terra

Article Submission Service - Article written by Ord

If you go to the main (without the page .html) you will notice it redirects to the seo'd page url. This is done by adding a simple .htaccess file to your sub-domain name. The .htaccess file will contain a few simple lines such as:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On 
    RewriteRule ^index.html$ [replacer_a]
    If you notice each mini article website has its own content which is basically an article that was written. I added the top of the page text and the join now at the bottom on each site. Because you are using sub-domain names these sites will be seen as a different site to the search engines.

This is a great way to get some extra exposure for your articles + a little link juice going to your main site. (hint: add the copyright and point to your main site). Another benefit to this is if you wanted to do split testing (although we are not using sales copy) then you could see which article actually converts better.

Once you have a few mini article websites up and running then you want to make sure you build some backlinks just as you would with an article you post on MD.

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Re: Mini Article Websites

Excellent tip for how to use subdomains.

I never thought about redirecting index.html to a keyword.html, something to think about.

But I love using subdomains to boost my main domain. Pretty straight forward to do. Good call.

--Steve

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Yes sub domain names can be very powerful if used with proper search engine optimization. Although search engines love fresh content, static sites can still rank if you have all your on site seo done. If you already have an article written with seo in it then half of the work is already done for you.

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Secret Elite Dominator

Just to throw something out there--I would personally not want to set up a 301 Permanent Redirect, especially if I am going to link to the subdomain for any other page. From what I'm seeing, 301s don't pass as much link juice as they did before--so I would actually prefer to have a static page there instead of the 301. Personally, I would make it an index.html page (the default page for the subdomain). Of course, I wouldn't link to subdomain.domain.com/index.html

In the past year or so I've been very careful not to use 301s whenever possible. Static pages are just better, even if you are redirecting to another page that has the keyword in the URL.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

I agree Bill you do not want too many 301's on your website. At the same time though almost every single website that has seo'd url's use a redirect from .htaccess. This includes blogs, forums, article directories, and etc.