Thread: Article Marketing And Search Engine Optimization - Matt Cutts Video

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Article Marketing And Search Engine Optimization - Matt Cutts Video

A video released by Matt Cutts of Google explains why mass article submission to content farms is not proper article marketing and search engine optimization. In this video you will discover what Google does not want and why article submitter software should not be used in your marketing.

Matt Cutts was recently asked the question :

"Do you recommend article marketing as an SEO strategy and how are the backlinks treated when other websites republish the same article?"

Before viewing the video I want you to keep an open mind and understand that many marketers only push article marketing software because they want to make a sale. They are not looking after your best interest or trying to help you as they may claim. I know that may seem like a harsh statement but the facts are below that can't be denied.

The video will discuss article marketing as it is generally accepted in the marketing arena. It is not talking about effective article marketing with the usage of effective and proven marketing tools. I know 90% of the article marketers on the net teach how to do article marketing the wrong way.

I am not here to convince you that you have been taught wrong though. If after viewing this video and the factual stats below you still believe mass article submission to hundreds of content farms is the right way to go, then by all means keep doing what you are doing. Your competition that understands the truth will thank you.

So you do not misunderstand what Matt Cutts is talking about in this video, below I will paraphrase what he is talking about. He is not calling an all out war on article directories but he does state that these sites are usually littered with spam articles that do not have high quality written content.

He is stating that mass distributing the same articles to content farms and blog networks is what Google does not want. This includes those top article directories as many marketers call them. It also includes blog networks such as Unique Article Wizard and My Article Network.

You will hear Matt say that he would lean more towards high quality content and links within social media websites. This is the same thing Google has been saying for years, it is even posted on their own blog about quality content. Below you can take a look at stats on the proclaimed top article directories from a trusted SEO site, SEM Rush.

EzineArticles Keywords

EzineArticles Traffic

ArticleSnatch Keywords

ArticleSnatch Traffic

As you can see for yourself these stats show drastic drops in keywords and traffic from Google since the panda update. Even after months these sites still have not had any increases. Many other proclaimed top article directories have suffered the same fate. Some are trying to build back up such as articlesbase but even they have suffered great loses in traffic and keywords.

High quality content from quality websites is what Google is looking for. You see the stats and you heard the video directly from Google itself. Marketers Domination gives Google exactly what they ask for from a website. MD is built with proper article marketing strategies and marketing tools that can produce rankings and results.

Start making use of article marketing tools that are created to give the search engines what they want. MD offers niche keyword research, competition research, article grading, article submission to private ad free networks, and more.

My Social Networking

Follow MissTerraK On Twitter Add MissTerraK on Facebook
    Visit MissTerraK's Youtube Channel

Re: Article Marketing And Search Engine Optimization - Matt Cutts Video

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I hear Matt also state the the best articles are articles that not only have quality original content, but that have a natural flow regarding the links and anchor text?

Meaning that articles that are specifically written with keyword stuffing are not what Google is looking for. I mean personally, it is quite evident when that tactic has been employed and they stick out like a sore thumb. Not natural sounding at all.

I also understood Matt to say, it is better to have websites link to your articles rather than you yourself mass submitting them to tons of article marketing farm sites.

Did I understand that correctly? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!

Mz T

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

You got that correct Terra. Search engines are cracking down as they are tired of the spam junk in their indexes. It has been said for years that they want to provide quality results for the users. The sad part is many marketers ignore quality vs quantity and because of this the search engines will get even more strict.

Eventually many of those top article directories that Google sees as content farms will be either de-indexed all together or Google will keep their rankings extremely low.

Advanced Article Marketing Combining The Best Internet Marketing Tools To Create Massive Instant Backlinks For Your Quality Content. Marketers Domination is the only place to get Exclusive Online Software Marketing Tools

Affiliate Marketing | Article Submission Service | Secret Marketing Forum | Marketing Special Offers

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

To prove once again that Google did not attack article marketing and seo as many in the internet marketing world seem to think, I have posted a new thread which also gives update stats on ezine articles. These article directories are not bouncing back and the reason why is because they do not provide Google with what they want.

Content Marketing The New Article Marketing

You do not have to try and change the name of article marketing to hide from Matt Cutts article marketing video or from Google. If you would just do proper article marketing and give Google what they want then you have no trouble.

How do you do proper article marketing to avoid matt cutts ? You could download the free Google Panda Update article marketing ebook that explains and shows how to do proper article marketing.