Speech or Audio to Text Translation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speech or Audio to Text Translation

Speech or Audio to Text Translation

Hi,
    Good day to all. I'm just new here and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text? I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.
    Thanks,
    Allan

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Re: Speech or Audio to Text Translation

Hi Allan,
    Welcome to the forum

The easiest way to do this is have a device that plays your MP3's (or other formatted files) and set it right next to your microphone and use speech to text software for the translation. Text to speech software has been around for a good many years now. Commercial version for Mac would be Mac Speech and for windows Dragon NaturallySpeaking (it is said that dragon has support to import MP3's but you would have to search their site for info on that).

Other Software that may be of help to you are:

Open Source: CMU Sphinx
    Shareware: http://www.e-speaking.com/ (Windows)

The only one I have used is Mac Speech which is great software but as with any dictation software the speaker or audio file must be very clear and high quality to get a near perfect translation. These softwares have come a long way in the past few years but they are by no means perfect and can take some trial and error before getting it right.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow 2Issacs On Twitter Add 2Issacs on Facebook
    Add 2Issacs on Linkedin

Hi Allan and Ord,

Good afternoon to all, I did some research on your theme Allan in an attempt to help; what I came out with is this which seems to be most common so far to convert speech to text, I hope this truly help or leads you to the final solution you are looking for: www.nch.com.au/switch. Most of the tools are completely for the reverse of what you want Lol! Anyway if something new crops up in the meantime I will let you know. Take care and good luck with your project. Cheers.

Successful Internet Network Marketer who Work From Home and Ceo at my Online Real State. Servant at Heart who like helping people own and grow their own Network Marketing Business providing them with a Free Training Platform which leads to Success working as a team.

Good day to all of you guys.

Just want to share my opinion.

Using online speech to text services you can convert audio files to text document easily and its more reliable than downloaded software.

Dragon is the most commonly used but can't be taken for professional purposes since you still have to train it.

You may also try a service like https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ or you can hire in elance, freelance, odesk, etc.

But one thing is for sure. As of the present technology in transcription, still nothing is free, unless you still do the work.

Hope this adds up FYI.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow 2Issacs On Twitter Add 2Issacs on Facebook
    Add 2Issacs on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rock View Post
    Good day to all of you guys.

Just want to share my opinion.

Using online speech to text services you can convert audio files to text document easily and its more reliable than downloaded software.

Dragon is the most commonly used but can't be taken for professional purposes since you still have to train it.

You may also try a service like https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ or you can hire in elance, freelance, odesk, etc.

But one thing is for sure. As of the present technology in transcription, still nothing is free, unless you still do the work.

Hope this adds up FYI.
    I totally agreed with Jason, and I had that "Speechtotextservice" in reserve (since) it is a paid service and Allan seem to be looking for something more like a free software he could use....Anyway there you have the info, we all hope it helps you make up your mind. Cheers.

Successful Internet Network Marketer who Work From Home and Ceo at my Online Real State. Servant at Heart who like helping people own and grow their own Network Marketing Business providing them with a Free Training Platform which leads to Success working as a team.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Great post guys, this gives someone looking for speech to text many different kinds of options.

Allan it seems you have many different options. That is why I love this forum because you will get many different options and opinions on things when you ask questions.

Find great gaming strategies from Best Game Faqs and view the dead or alive beach volleyball bikini gallery

Hey Guys, thank you very much for all of your suggestions. I tried Jason's https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ and so far the service hasn't any issues yet and returned good outputs. 10% of all my files has now been processed. Thanks to this forum and for all of you. This was a big relief. Will definitely keep you all posted.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Great to hear Allan If you need anything else please ask because that is what we do around here, try to help others out.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan123 View Post
    Hey Guys, thank you very much for all of your suggestions. I tried Jason's https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ and so far the service hasn't any issues yet and returned good outputs. 10% of all my files has now been processed. Thanks to this forum and for all of you. This was a big relief. Will definitely keep you all posted.

Cheers!

Hey Allan,

Good day to you and glad to see you once again. I just want to inform and share to you that I've recently found a new and innovative Audio and Video transcription service which also provides subtitling and captioning service. They can also do transcription of different languages. The price is cheaper by half the price with what I was using previously as I've mentioned above and the turnaround time is much faster!

Check them out at http://owltranscription.com/. They've just recently launched and their clients are increasing enormously and giving positive feedbacks. If you're still in need of transcription, I highly recommend you try this.

Hope this helps once more.