What are some good strategies for Work at Home moms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some good strategies for Work at Home moms?

What are some good strategies for Work at Home moms?

Good strategies for Work at Home moms...

I am compiling a list of some good strategic methods that work at home moms could use to improve their online presence and build a successful business at home.

I have found that a majority of work at home moms are involved in one of three types of income generating ventures;

• Home-based business that the mom is producing a product like jewelry or crafts or service like data entry or article writing
    • Network marketing where the mom is selling and recruiting in an MLM business model
    • Affiliate marketing where mom is promoting products made by someone else for a commission

My question is simply: What are some of the strategies that you have experienced that you would share with someone that is entering the Work at Home moms field?

Please post some ideas of things you have done that worked and some things that may not have worked.

Thank you for sharing!

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Re: What are some good strategies for Work at Home moms?

Hi Theo,
    Great Question!

I have found that by having a simple website is the definite first step to success in a home based business.
    Every successful business, both offline and online must have a website.

I think that at least having some basic information in a static place such as a website is the first step, it encourages people to trust you and helps foster a relationship.

Of course, a website by itself is not the only way to promote your home based business or MLM, but it is a crucial start.
    I am anxious to hear other ideas!

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

A static website on your own domain is an excellent start. I was recently asked what a static website is because many in network marketing and MLM are used to being told to install a blog. So to show an example of a static website you can visit this link: Vegas Craft Shows

After obtaining your website for work at home moms you want to work on promoting that website. A great marketing strategy here would be to install a blog on a sub-domain name and start posting to that blog with links leading to the static website. This will help feed link juice to the work at home website which will help increase the search engine rankings.

Hi Theo,
    I personally have found many great strategies for those that work a home based business at home right on this very forum. I agree with the 2 post above about a website and once you do have that website you could start promoting it in social media. I have seen many network marketers in social media that link to a self replicated website but in my opinion it is best to link to your own website. This way you not only help brand yourself but also have the opportunity to get those visitors on a mail list by offering them something to signup for your opt-in list.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Good strategies for Work at Home moms...

I am compiling a list of some good strategic methods that work at home moms could use to improve their online presence and build a successful business at home.

I have found that a majority of work at home moms are involved in one of three types of income generating ventures;

• Home-based business that the mom is producing a product like jewelry or crafts or service like data entry or article writing
    • Network marketing where the mom is selling and recruiting in an MLM business model
    • Affiliate marketing where mom is promoting products made by someone else for a commission

My question is simply: What are some of the strategies that you have experienced that you would share with someone that is entering the Work at Home moms field?

Please post some ideas of things you have done that worked and some things that may not have worked.

Thank you for sharing!

Find great gaming strategies from Best Game Faqs and view the dead or alive beach volleyball bikini gallery

I think one of the most vital parts of building your work at home business is to build a list.

I have several lists in each of my niche businesses.

Here are some ideas:

Put a form on your website that offers to give a secret strategy, a free PDF or some other gift in exchange for the visitor to sign up,
    The advantages to having a list is that it can make you money for years to come, not just once!

Building a list of subscribers also allows you to carry those subscribers with you if you should decide to change companies, MLMs or even change websites. The fact is if you own your list and build it yourself, you are building a relationship with those people who will come to trust you.

I know companies that offer to email out to hundreds or thousands of people for you, but unless you own the list, you really don't know what you are getting or who you are emailing.

Need help building that list? Let me know, I am glad to show you some really cool ideas for getting people to sign up to your list.

TommyJ

This is a great discussion for work at home moms or anybody that is building a business online. I have learned so much from this forum and especially from Ord Allenbea. This just keeps getting better and better One thing related to this thread that I have learned is how powerful sub-domain names can be. Creating sub-domain names for your online business and using them to help feed your main website with link juice is a great marketing strategy that work at home moms could apply. Create a sub-domain name on your main domain ie: work-at-home-business.my-domain.com then create a site on this sub-domain and fill it with quality content that points to your main domain.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forum Tommy - These are some great marketing strategies for home based business...

Writing articles can help build your opt-in list. Taking advantage of the resource box or authors bio box that is at the end of the article. Most article directories will allow you to add 2 links within your resource box. You will want to include a brief sentence about your newsletter and provide a link to signup.

Live To Give

I'm just gonna say what I always say to anyone that asks about working from home.
    They need to figure out what their purpose is. How to do that? What is their intuition saying? What do they know a lot about? Did something happen in their life that they learned a big lesson from? Could they write a book about domestic violence? Do they play and instrument, could they have a website teaching basic guitar or drums? The possibilities are only limited by their imagination.

Live To Give

That's excellent advice Tommy, people are selling themselves, it doesn't matter what the product or service is, if someone trusts you they will buy what you're selling.

Donna,

Excellent points. There are always ways to make money, but at th end of the day it is all about the stick-to-it attitude that gets you there!
    I encourage everyone, that you can bring it back from the dead if you press forward and push onward.

Working at home is no harder and no less rewarding then any Job, in fact if you push yourself you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.

Now for some really good advice, Ask someone to take a look at your methods, the WAY you are doing your marketing, and ask them to honestly tell you if they GET IT? Are you conveying a message that encourages action?

As a professional side business I do business evaluations to assess whether a business is maximizing their potential. The assessment is thorough and takes several hours to complete. However, it produces a great insight into what the business can do to better their profits.

So, maybe a fresh pair of eyes on the strategies you are using will give you an insight into better methods to secure profits in your work at home or MLM business.

John