How Not To Get Deleted On Craigslist Craigslist Ad Posting Tips

Thread: How Not To Get Deleted On Craigslist Craigslist Ad Posting Tips

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

How Not To Get Deleted On Craigslist Craigslist Ad Posting Tips

How Not To Get Deleted On Craigslist - Craigslist Ad Posting Tips

Posting to craigslist could be an effective marketing method if you post the ads properly. While craigslist is a classified ads site, it is designed more for local ads selling physical items or for job postings. This does not mean it can't be used for online business opportunities or other services offered online. The poster needs to be careful at how they structure their ads in order not to get them deleted. In this forum post I will give you some tips that you can use on how to post a craigslist ad and not get deleted.

If you have followed any of my forum post or attended any of my webinars about content writing then you know that formatting your content is one of the most important things and this is especially true when posting on craigslist. Before your content comes your title as the title will determine if you ad gets seen and/or gets deleted. When writing your titles you need to make sure that you are not being sales pitchy in them but you are getting the readers attention to continue on to rad more.

Here is an example of a bad title that will get your ad reported and deleted

WARNING
    Learn How To Make Money Online Now Warning

Instead of writing a title like this you should gear it more towards a good user experience and write something like

Tip
    Internet Marketing Coach Teaches How To Grow Your Business Tip

For those that are interested in business will click on this title to read more of what you have to say. The first title just tells someone you are trying to scam because let's face it there are many scammers in the online business world and tossing around the "make money online" thing just screams scam to many.

Once you have your title properly written then you need to have proper content that is not sales pitchy. Remember the old saying that nobody wants to be sold to - well keep that in mind because you are not trying to sell anybody with these ads. You are trying to capture leads and/or possible customers. In your content you want to write about how you can help someone and what you have to offer them and be very general in the way you do it. For example the below would be an ad posted on craigslist (one I have used and never got deleted) without being pushy or making people feel that you run a scam.

NOTE
    Web site promotion is imperative these days in order to have a successful internet website. You want to generate leads and sales, it requires a solid strategic plan. The days of just submitting your site to the search engines for traffic are long gone.

To get targeted traffic these days, website owners must perform several tasks in website promotions. Search engines have cracked down on many of the SEO Tricks that internet marketers claim you should use. Link building is not just grabbing up some mass submit software, the fact is this outdated strategy to build links no longer works.

You need to be able to implement proper internet marketing strategies to drive targeted website traffic and obtain qualified leads to your site. Our coaching teaches you how to build a long term business online, discover the skills and tools you need to bring in that targeted traffic.

These coaching sessions are live online sessions that will teach you the necessary business skills that will make the difference between window shoppers and actual customers.

Can hold marketing classes for individuals or companies, classes can be held at your business if you have employees that need trained. Contact me today to get a free estimate - 724-531-1968, you will be surprised at how affordable my services really are.
    Note

In this ad I am explaining how important generating leads are without trying to sell the reader something. Look close and you will also notice the ad has keywords and semantically related phrases (this is important for proper written content). One thing you will notice is this particular ad has no URL because I did not want to send anyone to my domain. You can use URL's though but again must be careful on how you do this.

Craigslist does not like links in ads to begin with due to many marketers that have spammed them for years. You can add a link and get away with it though but this link has to be a trustworthy link and not look spammy. For example you do not want to use anything such as "workwithme.com" because again like it or not that is perceived as someone trying to scam people. I know many in the marketing industry (especially mlm or network marketing) teach you should register domain names like this but the general public does in fact perceive it as someone trying to push some business opportunity that is a pyramid scheme. Don't take that personal I am just telling you how the general non business population looks at this.

Instead of using a URL that looks spammy or scammy you should use one that is either more general (generic) or geared towards what you are doing. In the example ad above for instance I would use seqmarketing.com because it looks more professional and not spammy. Other domains as an example could be businesscoach.com, businesskills.com, coachinglessons.com and etc (No I have not checked the register on those domains I am using them as example only..lol).

The bottom line here is you must post ads that are not pitching some kind of business opportunity although your entire goal may be to get someone involved in your business opportunity. You want to get the lead to contact you and then once they do then you can tell them what you have to offer.

Hope this basic craigslist ad posting information has been helpful. If you have any questions then please register for the forum and post below, I will be glad to answer any questions that you may have.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Re: How Not To Get Deleted On Craigslist Craigslist Ad Posting Tips

Please note you are no longer allowed to post your phone number in the Craigslist ad.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide