What Would Happen If Google Vanished ?

Thread: What Would Happen If Google Vanished ?

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Ord_Allenbea On Twitter Add Ord_Allenbea on Facebook
    Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Lightbulb What Would Happen If Google Vanished ?

Businesses rise and fall all the time and search engines are no different because they are a business. For the last 15 years online most marketers have been taught and do teach that you must be in Google, you need to SEO your website for Google, you need to target Google keywords, and this list goes on. While being in Google is important you must remember that it's not the only place you should be listed or ranked. Remember Google's history, they did not even actually exist until 1997. It was Yahoo that was then the important search engine that marketers was shouting about.

Many things have come in gone since Google made it's first debut but one thing that remains is far too many webmasters and marketers are 100% relying on Google for their traffic and income. There are literally 1000's of different avenues to market your business online as well as many different marketing strategies. While proper keywords and high quality content do matter for search engine rankings, you must not fully 100% rely on only search engine traffic from Google for your business. There are excellent forums, social media sites, video and document sharing sites, just to name a few places.

The mistake that many of us make is that we get caught up into participating in only 1 or 2 marketing methods, when we should be very diverse with our marketing campaign. Some of us can make the excuse that we don't have time, resources, or knowledge on how to attack other marketing methods but keep in mind that these are just excuses and nothing more. Because as humans we naturally feel justified by these excuses our business in the long run suffers and thus does our income. If there are task that should be done for your business and you don't have the time or knowledge then that is when you hire an actual real expert to help with those task.

Finding "Real Experts" these days is not easy for many businesses but trust me these experts do exist and are willing to help your business succeed. Part of being a business owner is understanding your market and knowing the people that are involved in that market. I'm not referring to customers here, I am referring to like minded individuals that are in the same industry as you are. Knowing others and building a relationship with them will help you better find the actual real experts that can help your business in the areas that you don't have time for or knowledge about.

What Would Happen If Google Vanished ?

In my personal opinion, life would go on and another search engine would take it's place at the top of the empire. This does not mean that some things would change, because the fact is many things would change. The first thing that would take a hard hit is many of the businesses that 100% rely upon Google for it's traffic and income. While this would have a huge impact in many industries, the blow would lightened by other businesses now taking the top ranks when those that relied upon Google only fall. In reality the devastation would not be as huge as most think.

What you do have to ask yourself though is this:

Does your business fully rely upon Google for traffic and income ?
    Would your business be one of the fallen ?
    Are you really taking full advantage of other marketing methods for your business ?

As a business owner only you can answer these questions. All I can do is present you with ideas, proven methods, and help lay a path for you to follow.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Re: What Would Happen If Google Vanished ?

If this happens, then other look for search engines like yahoo/bing will get the opportunity to come in place of Google and everyone that choose Google will choose other search engine. Whether they provide whatever result, they will use that.

Read more on how to Learn Online Marketing and build a business with the ultimate Internet Marketing Strategy Guide

Secret Elite Dominator MarketWithMobile's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow MarketWithMobile On Twitter Add MarketWithMobile on Facebook
    Follow MarketWithMobile on Tumblr Visit MarketWithMobile's Youtube Channel

It's true that many businesses rely on Google for far too much of their marketing exposure.

Keywords and SEO will always be necessary in order to get your online business marketing seen.
    All content should have proper keywords and tags.
    Without them, content simply won't be found no matter what search engine someone is using.

But there's a hidden benefit to properly integrating SEO with your online business marketing.
    And here it is...

The more you syndicate your business marketing online, the wider distribution it will have.
    More people will see it, like it and share it across the social networks.

This will not only get your online marketing business more exposure on the social sites,
    but the search engines will know that more people are enjoying the content you produce.

And that gets you more search engine love as well as more happy customers.

Rockit n Rebel Philosophy
    Venture Boldly ~ Seek Understanding
    Create A Massive Audience Of Raving Fans
    Online Marketing Command Center

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Add Ord_Allenbea on Linkedin Follow Ord_Allenbea on Tumblr Visit Ord_Allenbea's Youtube Channel

Live - Adapt - Move On ...

While Google is King many other marketing venues do need to be taken into consideration but one does not need to focus 100% on that other venue. Many different venues need to be focused on at one time. This means those that spend 12 hours a day on facebook really should cut that down to an 1 - 2 hours a day and spend the other 10 hours on other valued internet properties.

Secret Elite Dominator MarketWithMobile's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow MarketWithMobile On Twitter Add MarketWithMobile on Facebook
    Follow MarketWithMobile on Tumblr Visit MarketWithMobile's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ord_Allenbea View Post
    Live - Adapt - Move On ...

While Google is King many other marketing venues do need to be taken into consideration but one does not need to focus 100% on that other venue. Many different venues need to be focused on at one time. This means those that spend 12 hours a day on facebook really should cut that down to an 1 - 2 hours a day and spend the other 10 hours on other valued internet properties.

Yeah, we've all gotten sucked into the Facebook black hole

I've started accounts with Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious.us and Google Plus.
    I syndicate all of my activities on MD as well as my blogs.

Rockit n Rebel Philosophy
    Venture Boldly ~ Seek Understanding
    Create A Massive Audience Of Raving Fans
    Online Marketing Command Center

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

That's a good thing

All your content should be syndicated not only for Google to pick it up but also other places. The more you can syndicate content to other networks the better, especially networks that can be picked up by the search engines.

Facebook black hole - I had a friend the other day post on facebook saying he had 2 browsers open with 4 tabs in each for facebook. Why on this green earth would he have that many tabs I have no idea but I do know he is not making money from facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by MarketWithMobile View Post
    Yeah, we've all gotten sucked into the Facebook black hole

I've started accounts with Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious.us and Google Plus.
    I syndicate all of my activities on MD as well as my blogs.

Blog Entries

My Social Networking

This post about Google was made 4 years ago and it is still very relevant today - maybe even more so today. Google is great and getting those rankings are wonderful but are you really limiting your business? So many other marketing methods exist for you to take advantage of and increase your bottom line. Seeking help of an expert would be a great first step.