Before you can build a website you must know how to register a domain name for your website. Registering a website domain name will be one of the most important things you do when building a website or business online. The domain name that you choose could make the difference between a successful website business or a failure.

While many marketers will tell you to register a keyword domain name because it will rank better. I disagree with this method because even a keyword domain name can be outranked very easily with proper marketing. The domain name you register should have the following factors.

1. Easy to remember
2. Can include a keyword but not necessary
3. Reflects upon your website or business

Other factors could include funny or catchy names depending upon what type of website you are going to build for your online business. There are many domain registers to use to register a domain name but personally I prefer to use namecheap.com as I have had no problems from NameCheap in the 6+ years I have used them.

The first step in how to register a domain name for your website is to create an account on namecheap.com. Once you have your account setup then you need to create a profile on your account. Your profile must contain real information as this is required by ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).

When you have your profile created you can now use the search function on the site to start searching for the domain name you would like to register. When you have found a domain name that you would like to register then you can add it to the shopping cart.

The shopping cart will give you the option to use whois guard which protects your personal information when someone does a whois search. This is optional and is also free when registering a new domain name on NameCheap.

When you choose to checkout you have several options which are paid by credit card, use the funds in your account or pay with paypal. Choose the method you desire to use and pay for your domain name. You will be redirected to a page that will show your purchase completed.

You now have a domain name registered that you can use for your website or online business.

Originally posted: 09-22-2012, 05:05 AM

#domain #website #hosting #domainname